Applicants, upon completing the online application, will be required to submit additional supporting documents to the Anchorage Recruitment Unit.
Have these documents in your possession prior to submitting your online application to ensure you will meet your deadline. Failure to provide ALL required documents by your deadline will result in your application being eliminated from the process. Instructions for submitting these documents will be furnished after you have completed the online application.
- Birth Certificate (if current name differs from that on the birth certificate, provide court documents showing name change)
- If Naturalized, Naturalization Certificate with photo
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- All post-secondary degrees and vocational training certificates
- College transcripts for all post-secondary education you attended
- Current and/or former police officers must provide certification
- Former military members must provide discharge or separation papers showing date and type of discharge for all periods of service for each branch of military (i.e. DD-214 Long Form and NGB-22 Form, which include the Separation and Reentry codes)
- Telephone numbers and physical addresses for your spouse/significant other and your ex-spouse(s)/significant other(s)
- Former military police or security officers provide certificate of course completion (must include MOS)
- Any letters of recommendation, employment evaluations, or certifications you may wish to include
- 10 year employment history (including physical addresses of businesses, names and phone numbers of co-workers and supervisors for each business or Duty Station)
- 10 year residential history (including physical addresses of residences, and names and phone numbers for all landlords)
NOTE: The testing and interview phase is the last phase of the application process. If invited to interview and test for the position applicants must travel to Anchorage, Alaska. The applicant is responsible for all travel costs (airfare, lodging, transportation, meals), during the testing and interview phase. On average, testing and interviews requires a 10 to 12 day trip in Anchorage, Alaska. Travel to Anchorage from the continental U.S. for 10 days averages around $1500 to $3000 depending on which state you are traveling from.