The Division of Fire and Life Safety encourages fire departments throughout
Alaska to provide Fire Prevention and Safety Education to their communities. One
of the primary missions of the Public Education Office is to provide support
services to fire departments and other community organizations.
Quite often we act as a clearing house for public education programs and
materials. If you have developed a great program please share it with other
organizations around the state. We have several presentations put together by
fire departments to educate their communities about fire prevention and safety.
We have the following available to assist Public Education Programs:
- Sparky - Arrange for Sparky to visit your community.
- Video Library - The Public Education Office has a library of fire safety videos
available for citizens or organizations to check out. A master list of the tapes
is available upon request.
- Curriculum reviews - We have a list of recommended curriculum for a wide range
- Power Point Presentations - We have a list of Power Point Presentations for
Public Educator Support.
- Training Programs - Public Educator training resources.
- Fire Prevention Materials - Not all fire prevention materials are appropriate
for all audiences. We can help with guidelines for material selection.
- Fire Prevention and Safety Grant Assistance.
For further information please contact:
Public Education Coordinator
5700 E. Tudor Road
Anchorage, AK 99507
Phone: (907) 269-5481
Fax: (907) 269-0102