Executive Director Updates
Executive Director - Recruitment
- Position: Executive Director, Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Position Location: Alaska Department of Public Safety, unspecified within Alaska. Must be willing to travel in and out of state
- Recruitment Close Date: February 13, 2017, 5:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time (AKST)
The Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (CDVSA), a State of Alaska agency within the Department of Public Safety, is seeking an Executive Director to lead the agency that plans and coordinates services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault statewide.
Alaska continues to experience high rates of domestic and sexual violence. Alaska is also experiencing declining budgets for those organizations that strive to address these concerns. The Council is seeking an Executive Director that is capable of providing excellent leadership skills as a recognized expert in the field and leader on various efforts to combat domestic and sexual violence in Alaska. This includes, but is not limited to: recognizing and enlisting new partnerships; creating innovative collaborative programs; advocating for implementing prevention strategies; being willing to challenge and coordinate– with other agencies to unite efforts and resources; effectively communicate to the Alaska Legislature and advocate on behalf of the CDVSA and the people it serves; work with tribal entities and serve as a strong representative in an unprecedented united effort to eliminate domestic and sexual violence in Alaska.
Click here to download the Executive Director position description
Click here to download the Executive Director recruitment bulletin
More information on the position and the application process is available by phoning: 907-465-5503.
- My Turn: Alaska's Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention Efforts are Working
- What Does the $1.5 Million Taken From Our Budget Mean to Alaska’s Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Prevention Work? (PDF 129 kB)
- The Remarks of CDVSA Executive Director Lauree Morton at the 2015 Juneau Choose Respect March (PDF 310 kB)
- My Turn - Healthcare, Medicaid Expansion and Domestic Violence(PDF 419 kB)
- The Remarks of CDVSA Executive Director Lauree Morton at the Opening of the 2015 Prevention Summit (PDF 122 kB)
- 2015: Make It a Year of Solutions – Together We Can Make a Difference (PDF 112 kB)
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month – A Time to Focus on Asking For and Receiving Help (PDF 450 kB)
- July 2014 - CDVSA Extended through June 30, 2022 (PDF 166 kB)
Mailing address: P.O. Box 111200, Juneau, AK 99811-1200 Phone: (907) 465-4356
Physical address: 450 Whittier Street, Room 105 Juneau, AK 99801-1200